Monday, February 6, 2017

Last Urban Sketch for 2016 was a plein air commission

I had the greatest of pleasure making a plein air commission in the last 2 days of 2016.  I sat on the verandah of a fabulous house looking at beautiful views of Moreton Bay.  

I started my commission by doing 4 thumbnails of the view in front of me, then I discussed with my client what she wanted, and I made a pre-drawing.  

The final photo is what she asked for..  It was a lot of fun, even though it was terribly hot.  We had a heat wave at the time, I had a blast.


 These are the thumbnails I made

This was sketched in my A4 plein air sketchbook
The view is magnificent.  One can see St Helena Island on one side and King Island at Redland Bay the other..


 This is the preliminary sketch under the clients instruction. Done on Art Spectrum Acid free Mould made cp watercolour paper.
16" x 06"

The finished artwork as per her request.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...