Monday, September 21, 2015

Sketching at Doomben Races.

Saturday sketchout with the Brisbane Urban Sketchers at Doomben racecourse  was a real challenge for me.  It was a load of fun though.

 First stop was to sketch the horses in their stalls.  How hard can that be.  Oh boy oh boy, very hard, seeing as I was on the wrong side of the gate, and every time I chose a horse to sketch, his/her trainer came and took it for a walk. 

Next stop the stands..  My friend and I sat what up the top to sketch the track.

Last sketch was trying to capture some of the wonderful fascinators and hats.  Sadly I ran out of time to add a splash of colour..

I sketched in my Fabriano Venezia sketchbook with my Lamy fountain pend, water-solouble graphite, and watercolours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...