Saturday, June 17, 2017

Wolston House with the Brisbane City Sketchers

This is an amazing National Trust property was saved in 1965 It is a Heritage listed property.
The house was built in and is the oldest surviving residential farmhouse in the district of Wacol
Wolston Farmhouse was constructed in 1852 on 640 acres Dr Stephen Simpson established a horse and cattle station there, naming it after his Warwickshire birthplace. Stephen Simpson was a learned man—a doctor, Justice of the Peace, Police Magistrate and later member of the first Legislative Council of Queensland. Little wonder he was appointed Crown Commissioner of Lands following the closure of the Moreton Bay penal colony in the 1840s.

Pen and watercolour




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...