Saturday, August 27, 2016

Aubigny Place - Mater Hospital Brisbane

Sketching with the Brisbane Urban Sketchers on a lovely winters morning.  

Aubigny Place is a magnificent old building sitting on Mater Hill.  It is named after the first Mater Hospital, a private house at North Quay, that the Sisters leased.   It took 5 years to have the new hospital built and opened, but it happened on 14 August 1910,  when the new hospital was officially blessed by Cardinal Moran and opened by the Governor, Sir William MacGregor. 













Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...